Shockwave therapy is a treatment method used by some practices. It is a new modern way to treat certain injuries in the body, usually tendon or fascia related injuries.
The Swiss DolorClast® Method uses single acoustic pressure waves, called shock waves, to treat musculoskeletal and dermatological pathologies.
By delivering a mechanical stress to injured tissues, Shock Waves enable:
- immediate pain relief
- Reduction of pain felt by nerve fibers
- Increase of blood circulation in surrounding soft tissues
- Beginning of healing process triggered by stem cells activation
The Swiss DolorClast Method® is the most well-researched shock wave therapy. A combination of unique technologies, clinically proven protocols and education ensure significant improvement in given musculoskeletal and dermatological indications.
- Indications for the use of shockwave:
- Plantar fasciitis
- Tennis elbow
- Golfers elbow
- Jumpers knee- knee tendon injuries
- Hip injuries including hamstring and gluteal tendon pain
- Lower back pain